MedViz & EG VCBM 2016 - Call for Posters
Aims and Scope
The MedViz Conference is an annual, interdisciplinary conference in Bergen, bringing together national and international technologists and medical doctors to advance patient care by integrating medical imaging technologies into preclinical and clinical medical research. MedViz focuses on 12 major public health challenges, where state-of-the-art medical imaging methods are used to understand disease pathology, quantify and classify pathological features, develop targeted treatments and to monitor treatment responses. The Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine, EG VCBM, is an annual event addressing the state of the art in visual computing research with a strong focus on applications in biology and medicine. It provides an interdisciplinary forum for experts (researchers and medical doctors) from visualization, visual analytics, computer graphics, image processing, computer vision, human computer interfaces as well as experts from biology and medicine, jointly working on next generation visual computing solutions for medicine, healthcare and the biotechnology sector. Hence, MedViz conference and EG VCBM are a perfect match and therefore will be held jointly on September 7-9, 2016, in Bergen, Norway. Submission Deadline (extended): August 18, 2016
MedViz and EG VCBM now jointly invite the submission of poster abstracts that present original results or work in progress on the following topics including, but not limited to:
- Methods using the imaging technologies such as MRI (perfusion, diffusion, functional, spectroscopy, etc.), PET, PET-MRI, CT, ultrasound, optical imaging, etc. applied to biomedical areas such as (but not limited to):
- Pelvic and breast imaging
- Brain imaging
- Abdominal imaging
- Kidney imaging
- Cardiac and vascular imaging
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- Thorax imaging
- Imaging of small parts
- Imaging of small animals in preclinical research
- Development of methods (e.g., contrast agents, drug delivery via micro-bubbles)
- Treatment opportunities and response monitoring (e.g. radiation therapy, ablation)
- Discerning imaging measures
- Visual computing solutions for medical applications like radiology, surgery, pathology, cardiology, nephrology, neurology, etc., including medical education and medical technology
- Visual computing solutions for applications that support biomedical research in systems biology, *omics research, molecular pathology, neuroanatomy, biomedical imaging, etc.
- Medical simulation and visual computing solutions that support new approaches in computational medicine, including also the uses of stereoscopy and haptics
- Visualization approaches for data from new or challenging imaging modalities including real-time imaging (e.g., ultrasound, PET/MR)
- Visual computing solutions in the context of the virtual physiological human
- Visualization and analysis of all kinds of biomedical data (signals and images)
- Visualization, mining and analysis of biomedical data collections, including cohort data
- Information visualization of medical data sets, e.g., electronic health records
- Computer models of biomechanical, physiological, and biochemical functions in living systems, e.g., perfusion
- Applications of methods from the oil & gas industry into medical imaging and modeling (e.g., pumps and pipes)
- Fusion, analysis and visualization of heterogeneous and/or multi-source data
- Multi-scale methods and data structures for large data
- Interaction and design of visual computing workflows in medicine and biology
- Data tracking and registration
- Data reconstruction and geometry extraction
- Real time rendering and interaction with anatomy models
Information for Authors
We are encouraging scientific contributions from a diverse group of researchers and medical doctors. All MedViz & EG VCBM 2016 poster abstracts will be reviewed by a committee and the accepted abstracts will be published in the MedViz & EG VCBM abstract book. In addition, the reviewing committee will suggest abstracts for a short oral presentation if the authors indicate this option during submission.
Poster abstract can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poster abstracts should be prepared in English, and submitted as a Word document up to 4 pages long. The pages should have 2 cm margins, font Times New Roman, font size 12, figures and photos should be embedded in the document and have a resolution suitable for print (300 dpi or more). Additional images can be sent as well, but they must be in the jpeg or eps format. If you wish to be considered for an oral presentation, please indicate that in your email. The entire size of the submission including images should not exceed 10MB. The template can be also downloaded from the conference website: http://MedVizVCBM.UiB.no/files/MedvizVCBMtemplate.docx
Like MedViz-VCBM on https://www.facebook.com/medvizvcbm/!
Preparing your poster
The size of the poster walls is 70cm x 120cm (width x height), thus posters should have size between 70 cm x 100 cm and 70 cm x 120 cm. Posters will be attached to the walls using pins that will be provided to the authors at the conference site.
- Poster abstracts submission deadline (extended): August 18th, 2016
- Author notification: August 22nd, 2016
- Workshop: September 7-9, 2016
All deadlines are at 23:59 CET (UTC+1).
We are looking forward to seeing you in Bergen and sharing great interdisciplinary scientific discussions.
the Poster Co-Chairs of MedViz and EG VCBM 2016,
Dr. Veronika Šoltészová (Christian Michelsen Research and University of Bergen),
Dr. Judit Haász (Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen)
together with MedViz & EG VCBM Conference 2016 organizing chair,
Professor Ragnar Nortvedt (University of Bergen and Haukeland University Hospital).